June 29, 2010: Online Work Bee
- Disney Permissions
- Curious Little Rocket/Happy in the Sun
- Kindred 2010
- 1-Page Plan
- C.P. downloaded our draft video file
- We commiserate with Ben on lack of response from D.C.
- Monica C.
- She is calling Shelley on Friday ... would like conversation about what to say to her
- What's it like to teach from Octavia Butlers books?
- Do you ever get people talking about starting a movement?
- How do you use social media to teach theology ... what ideas do you have for us?
- Forming a movement distinct from Earthseed (don't talk about God is Change) but is parallel with community building and The Destiny ... still not figuring out what lessons to draw about community
- Ask her to be the first member of our board of advisors ... we think the work you are doing in the world is really important work and we think we are doing similarly important work ... you run in circles that expose you to people who might be looking for us and we'd like you to send it to us
- "If you try talking to a bunch of people you 'shouldn't talk to,' some of them will listen"
- Brandon has contacted Molly, Matthew, Maggie, Jesse, and Ryan
- Ben is thinking about trying again with the band Sol Seed, a science fiction author, and maybe one of the people we met at Norwescon
- One goal should be to follow up with people who come to us, until they either get fed up with us or get more active
- For instance, Molly and Matthew, who came to us at the Earth Day booth, are now interested in helping build the SolSeedVillage (that is, starting with a backyard cottage on Brandon and Shelley's property)
- Ben can't schedule a triad for the life of him, only had one with his current group
- Brandon is ready to check in and maybe have a break or a new triad
- Shelley's triad hasn't met for 3 weeks due to vacations
- Idea for next service topic: "Freedom from evaluation"
- Wait until September or October ... tentatively plan for September 4
- Caricaturist planning to do a bunch more by end of week, then we have to make a website skin from them
- Kevin has started work on this again, in his spare time and on a volunteer basis, doing the lettering for the dialogue
- Getting pretty close to print-ready ... still need layout
- Need 8-9 co-conveners, currently have 3
- If this doesn't come together, we'll postpone it until next year
We're somewhat overextended
Goals (1 Year)
- Income run rate of $100,000/year (~$9000/month) -- Brandon
- Place: Ownership of a site by Winter Solstice 2010 -- not Mark anymore
- Note: We could say we've already met this goal if Brandon and Shelley's house is the initial site
- Media: Publish 2 SolSeed books, a 15 minute video, and a great website -- Ben
- 2nd book hasn't moved in months
- Website: front page looks cooler, but need to work on it more
- Spiritual Community: Regular, impactful ceremonies led by multiple people -- Shelley
- Going very well
3rd Quarter Goals
- Improve count of visits to our website
- Tune in next time for more!
- Brandon ... ping Ryan back ... tonight
- Brandon ... ping David ... tonight
- Brandon ... ping Gus about breakfast or lunch ... tonight
- Shelley ... send email to triad participants ... by next Monday
- ask for feedback
- suggest a summer holiday
- invite people who want a new triad to say so
- say that the SolSeed-facilitated triads are complete for now, unless someone else wants to step up as the organizer
- Ben ... put the SpaceWiki logo and the 7 CEOs on the caricaturist's page with red links to cartoon images ... by tomorrow
- Ben ... research Google Analytics funnels ... by next call